Welcome back students,
We hope everyone had a good break! We are excited to launch ouer new Moodle site for the spring semester. Here are a few tips to help you get started with your online courses.
- To learn more about ACC's online program, please visit our ACC Online site.
- To help you navigate the new site, there is a Student Moodle Orientation Course available. There is a link to this course just above this announcement on the Moodle front page. This course can be accessed as a guest or when logged into Moodle as a student. The Student Moodle Orientation course contains a wealth of information on using and navigating Moodle. We hope that you take some time to review the course!
- January 7 is the first day of classes. Your course in Moodle will not be available until Monday, January 7. All online and hybrid courses should be visible by 10:00 a.m. on Monday, January 7.
- All online and hybrid courses - E and H section courses - require students to complete a first day activity. This first day activity counts as your attendance for the first day of classes. Be sure to log into Moodle on the first day of classes and complete this activity. Your instructor will have instructions on how to complete the first day activity in your course.
- If you need assistance with Moodle, there are several sources of support.
- The Distance Learning Center is located in Main 261 and is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You can stop by during these hours for assistance or call us at 336-506-4114 or 336-506-4115.
- We are also available to answer questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- During the evening or on weekends, you can contact the 24/7 chat. The chat tool provides assistance with using Moodle, but they are not able to assist you in resetting your ACCess password.
- Your ACCess account password must be reset every 90 days. If you receive an error message when signing into Moodle, you may have an expired password. You can reset your password online using the Guardian Portal. To reset your password, you will need your seven digit student id number. Please follow the steps and password hints provided on the reset page.
We look forward to having everyone back this spring. If you need assistance, please let us know.
ACC Distance Learning Center